Visual Arts Programs
Whether it’s watercolors, bronze, video, or new technologies—we are devoted to creating opportunities for visual artists to develop their work and present it to audiences. We encourage participation in the visual arts in all forms, for County residents to discover the wealth of talent around them, and for those who want to try their hand at the visual arts for the first time to do so in a safe, creative environment.
The Arts and Cultural Heritage Division presents visual arts exhibitions in numerous locations throughout Prince George's County. Information about current exhibitions in all locations can be found in our events calendar. To see information about exhibitions in the Divisions four arts centers, please visit our art centers' pages on this site.
Visit our Public Arts page to see the art we've helped place in our communities.
Visit our Artist Opportunities page to discover current and ongoing opportunities to display your work. If you're interested in honing your skills or trying your hand at a new art form, visit PARKS DIRECT and browse "Visual Arts".
While the COVID 19 pandemic closed our doors in 2020-2021, we continued to present exhibitions at our sites to support artists and to show the world that the arts are essential. Please visit the links below to see virtual presentations and gallery tours of select exhibitions at our sites.
Exhibitions at the Brentwood Arts Exchange
- Moving Forward: 10 Year Anniversary Exhibition. March-May 2020
- Going Dark. July-August 2020
- Mothering in a World Turned Upside Down. September-October 2020
- Marmalade Dreams: Collages by Dafna Steinberg. September-October 2020
- Symbiotic Presence: The 32nd Annual Prince Georges County Juried Exhibition. November 2020-January 2021
- Between: Selected Works by Rose Jaffe. November 2020-January 2021
- Everyday: Finding Meaning in the Ordinary. January-April 2021
Exhibitions at the Montpelier Arts Center
- The Story of Our Skin. Curated by Tim Davis. December 2020
- 39th Annual Invitational Sculpture Exhibition: Sylvan Compositions.September – October 2020
- Julie Wills: Great Lake. September – October 2020
Exhibitions at the Prince George’s Publick Playhouse
- Small Tales: Photography by Janet Matthews. November 2020-January 2021
- All Night Jazz Journey: Winston Harris. January-March 2021
- Hispanic Heritage Celebration: Maria Lanas and Sandra Perez-Ramos. September-October 2020
- Community Spirit: Paintings by Sally Davies, April-May 2021
Exhibitions at the Southern Area Aquatic and Recreation Complex
- Nature in Motion: Elliott Hamilton. October-December 2020
- Before Colored Lives Mattered: Retracing the History of the Way It Was: Curtis Woody. January-March 2021
- A Slice of Indonesia: Paintings on Silk by Nico Gozal. April -June 2021
Exhibitions at Other Locations
- Nature vs. Nurture: Caitlin Gill. At the Watkins Nature Center, October-December 2020
- Healthcare and Healing Traditions in the Black Community. Online Exhibition, Launched February 2021
- Guiding Spirit: Andrei Trach. At the Watkins Nature Center, April-June 2021