Historic Preservation Commission
- 6:30 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday of every month
- County Administration Building (CAB)
14741 Governor Oden Bowie Drive
4th Floor Conference Room
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772-3050
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- John Peter Thompson, Chair (Agriculture)
- Lisa Pfueller Davidson, Vice Chair (Architectural History)
- Nathania A. Branch Miles, (History, Genealogy)
- Yolanda Muckle, (Realtor)
- Susan Pruden,(Historical and Cultural Trust)
- Donna Schneider, (Commerce and Community)
- Aaron Marcavitch
- Royal Reff
Duties & Responsibilities
The Prince George's County Historic Preservation Commission (HPC), appointed by the County Executive, administers the provisions of the county's historic preservation ordinance and preservation tax credit program. The HPC's responsibilities are to protect the properties listed in the County Inventory of Historic Resources. As a result of the protection afforded by the ordinance, today there are 418 historic sites and 4 locally designated historic districts. There are also 75 individual properties and 13 historic districts listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Jurisdiction & Representatives
The nine-member Historic Preservation Commission has countywide jurisdiction (excluding the City of Laurel), with appointed representatives from a number of organizations and interests: Prince George's County Association of Realtors, municipal governance, Prince George's County Historical