Healthy Trails 5K Walk/Run
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages runners and walkers of all abilities, ages, and skill levels to come together, enjoy scenic views of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge Trail, and be active. Healthy Trails events are held in the Spring and Fall. We hope to see you at our next Healthy Trails 5K!
Event Date: Saturday, May 1, 2021
Healthy Trails Armed Forces & Veteran’s 5K
Virtual & Woodrow Wilson Bridge Trail Walk/Run
Whether you’re racing to beat your fastest time, or taking a stroll to enjoy your neighborhood, this virtual event is for everyone! A portion of the proceeds will support the Department of Parks and Recreation’s Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies program for Veterans within Prince George's County.
Previous races have contributed proceeds towards:
- Community Gardens
- Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies
- Bosom Buddies
- Kids to Camp campaign
Live Event Details
How to register & participate in the live 5K event
For the live event, select TICKETING and enter code YCSD-SPEC-GA-20210501, or keyword search “Healthy Trails”.
- Check-in begins at 6:30 am on May 1st, 2021
- A performance t-shirt and race bib will be available on May 1 at event check-in. Note: Shirt sizes are unisex and may run large. Sizes are available in limited quantities.
- This event will be timed, however, there will be no awards ceremony after the race for finalists this year due to COVID-19 and to maintain safety standards for our community
NOTE: Participants will not be able to change the virtual vs. live event option after registration due to time restrictions and spacing on the trail.
Virtual Event Details
How to register & participate in the virtual 5K
Register via pgparksdirect.com, select TICKETING, enter code YCSD-SPEC-GA-20210501A, or keyword search “Healthy Trails”
Virtual race FAQ’s
Sign up for our virtual race and run on May 1st.
- Choose your own route or DPR Trail
- Enjoy your route on May 1
- Send us your photos & time
- A performance t-shirt will be mailed to participants who register for the virtual event. Register by 4/16/21 to receive your t-shirt by the race date. Note: Shirt sizes are unisex and may run large. Sizes are available in limited quantities.
What is a virtual race?
- A virtual race is a run that can be done anywhere you choose, at any pace. We welcome runners, walkers, and joggers of any age.
- The goal of this event is to support Armed Force’s & Veterans.
- Though you can even use your treadmill, one of the reasons for hosting this event is to get people outdoors.
- Your race, your pace!
How does it work?
- You can run your race at your own pace, wherever you like.
- You can also submit your time to see how you compare to others.
Can I participate if I live outside of Prince George’s County?
- Yes, like our last event we anticipate runners outside of the County that are participating.
Can I use social media to publicize my run?
- You bet! Show the online world your effort, take a selfie, share your trails or racecourse, your bib, and your story.
Questions? contact email@example.com
To inquire and/or become a sponsor contact: Chanae.Jones@pgparks.com.
For more information, call 301-446-6838; TTY 301-699-2544 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Events may be canceled due to inclement weather or wet grounds. Call 301-927-0833 for weather-related cancelations.
- Learn how to set-up a Parks Direct account.
- Learn how to upload age and residency verification documents.
- Learn how to register for an activity.
The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least two weeks before the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.