Construction on the Tucker Road Ice Rink (TRIR) replacement project started with demolition in October 2019. Demolition was completed this past November. Forrester Construction, the construction manager for the project, is actively performing site work in preparation for the building pad.
The TRIR project team has recently completed the following items: obtained Rough Grading, Fine Grading and Building Permits; held kick-off meeting with the Department of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement (DPIE) and the Third-Party Inspection Program (TPIP) inspectors.
A summary of completed and anticipated project milestones is as follows:
- August 2019 – Executed Guaranteed Maximum Price
- August 2019 – Raze Permit Obtained for Demolition
- September 2019 – Mobilization on site
- September 10, 2019 – Farewell Event
- Fall 2019 – Site Permits received and Building Permit received
- Fall 2019 – Demolition/ New Construction begins
- Late Fall 2020 – Completion of on-site construction activities
Actual dates for the completion of the milestones are subject to change.
The current projected schedule reflects the additional time that was required to complete the initial procurement process, and the time associated with securing supplemental funding during the FY19 budget process. The anticipated project completion is late Fall of 2020. Forrester Construction will continue to refine the project schedule based on work progress and other factors that influence the project delivery.